Healthcare for All
New York has among the highest health care costs in the world and they’re only rising. New Yorkers are literally sick and tired of being ripped off by predatory healthcare providers and greedy pharmaceutical companies. Our only solution is to pass the New York Health Act to establish single-payer health care across the State of New York.
AS YOUR ASSEMBLYMEMBER, I WILL FIGHT TO:
- Pass the New York Health Act
- Mandate safe staffing ratios in hospitals so every patient can receive the care they need while reducing the near-impossible burden currently placed on overworked healthcare workers.
- Increase wages and working conditions for frontline and hospital workers.
- Address the doctor and nurse shortage by offering substantial education grants to medical and nursing students who work in public-run hospitals following graduation.
- Lower prescription drug costs by prohibiting unfair launch pricing for new drugs and set a cap on annual price increases for all prescription drugs.
- Fully fund hospitals and prevent any more additional closures of hospitals in New York City.
- Tackle the opioid crisis by imposing harsh penalties on doctors and pharmaceutical companies that profit from the overprescribing of opiates.
- Create job and skills training programs for former addicts so they can reintegrate into the workforce.