Labor & Jobs
As a proud Union member (UFA Local 94 I.A.F.F AFL-CIO) I know first hand the benefits in work and life quality that a strong Union can provide. The recent resurgence of organizing efforts and labor victories are a positive signal in the fight for improving wages, benefits, and conditions for hardworking Americans. We must continue this momentum and ensure all our lawmakers in Albany are firmly and unwaveringly, ‘Union Strong’.
AS YOUR ASSEMBLYMEMBER, I WILL FIGHT TO:
- Protect union jobs and encourage support for union drives at major corporations.
- Enact a just cause law to protect workers from arbitrary termination and end at-will employment.
- Prohibit companies with records of labor standards violations and illegal union-busting activity from bidding and holding state contracts.
- Require union labor and a prevailing wage on state-funded projects.
- Increasing the state minimum wage to $15 with an inflation and cost of living adjustment clause.
- Require all employers to offer two weeks paid vacation and two weeks paid time off to all full-time employees.
- Prevent all cuts and givebacks to state employee pay and benefits, including pensions. I will fight to halt the creation of regressive retirement and health benefits tiers that provide less and less to each new wave of hires.